About Me

My photo
Wife of US Soldier and proud mother of two.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Be a Beautiful Woman! You Can Do It!

Women are constantly consumed with the thoughts of looking beautiful, feeling beautiful and being beautiful. What we fail to realize is that all of us are beautiful. God made us all in his image, and that, my sister, is beautiful! We often wonder how we can make our hair softer, or lighter, or longer or fuller. Sometimes all it takes is a little adjustment. If we can transform our thinking of ourselves, we have conquered half the battle. Have you often wondered why women with thick hair desires thinner hair or women with short hair desire longer hair? It is because we are not happy or content with what God has given us. If we could just learn to love ourselves like we are, improving upon what we have becomes easier. Drinking more water to naturally cleanse will help with complexion, eating more fruits and vegetables will help with digestion, doing more exercise will help with weight issues. There are things that we can do, to improve upon our current state. Most of these we can do without adding much more financial cost to our lives! Subtle changes in our lives can make a difference in how we feel about ourselves. Transforming our thinking will eventually change our lives! Once we are happy and excited about ourselves we can touch the lives of others! I am convinced that being able to touch another persons life, in turn, helps us to become better for ourselves! It is so rewarding to make an impact on someone else effortlessly. This is not an easy task. It takes work and effort to transform ones thinking. It can not be done over night. Once you have made up your mind to be thankful for who you are, the transformation will become more of a lifestyle change.
One simple way to initiate a change in your appearance after first changing your thinking about who you are is something as simple as a hairstyle. When I moved from New York to North Carolina I realized that every woman I came in contact with had a really neat hairstyle. Some styles were not really a style for me, however, it was a neat style and the styles were always in place. Well, after having a baby 3 months previous, and still dealing with the extra weight, the last thing I had time for was going to a hair salon. I really wanted to look my best but I just didn't see how that was possible with a new baby. I felt terrible about myself because of the extra weight but I so enjoyed the southern cooking and wasn't ready to give that up after living up north for so many years! I decided that the weight issue wasn't as important to me as being clean and neat. Well, after visiting with a cousin who, by the way she isn't stick thin, looked so pretty with her hairstyle and nice, neat clothes I couldn't help but ask her how she kept her hair looking so nice. You would never have guessed that she was wearing what she called a 'half' wig! This was a new concept for me but oh so nice. The first thing I did was go out and try a few different styles at the local hair supply store and purchase one. After finding one the fit my style I purchased one and have been hooked ever since! It cost less than a salon visit and only takes moments to put into place. My daughter is now 15 months old and every time we go out my hair is nice and neat. I don't spend hours trying to make it look presentable nor do I walk out of the house daily with a pony tail! I love the idea that I feel like I took extra care to look nice. Naturally having a beautiful little girl she always looks cute, but now I feel like we both look great together! I am constantly getting compliments on my hair style, which by the way, looks so natural. It makes me smile to think that people have not a clue that I am wearing a wig. I normally choose styles with a curl or a styled cut so it looks like i just walked out of the salon. If you are interested in seeing how these look on me please feel free to visit my blog. I am not a professional model but I am dedicated to helping women to feel better about themselves with nominal cost.
This is only one of many ways to feeling beautiful without spending a lot of money, a lot of time and changing a lot about who you are. This requires no cutting of your natural hair, no damage to your natural hair using glues or braiding methods.
Be your own hero! Be your own best friend! Be beautiful woman!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Vanetta_Knight

1 comment:

Cordelia said...

Vanetta Knight I would like you to know that all you said was very encourging. You are truly a beautiful person inside and out. It is such a blessing to know you and be your Spiritual Best Friend. And your Sister in Christ. God is truly blessing you. Continue to move forward in what the Lord has for you. To accomplish much means to be much. And you are doing just that. Do not fear, all is well. Let your days be full of little prayers to the Lord. Psalm 37:5 says "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." So whatever you want you have. God Bless you always. Reading what you have to say makes me feel and see that I am that beautiful woman, and yes! I can do it. Thanks Vanetta